Saturday, October 1, 2016

Art and fashion collide during the Davis Art Center's annual fundraiser called Art Walks the Runway


Each year, the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center hosts a fashion extravaganza called Art Walks the Runway. The next one opens March 30 and runs through April 2, 2017.
I was given the honor of opening the runway in 2012. I was one of six fashion designers featured that year, and I presented my “Fashion Art Story" which featured my hand-painted wardrobe. I returned in 2015 with a few colorful pieces from my personal collection, as well as bright and bold original artwork that was, in fact, the inspiration behind the ladies apparel and accessories now sold exclusively at Bealls. It’s a fun time for both designers and attendees, and it’s something I’m looking forward to participating in again in the future. Plus it’s a fundraiser that benefits the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center.

I have painted my clothes for special events since I was young, but the art fashion has a way of trickling down into my every day attire. I especially love to wear hand-painted heels. They always get a second look from people as I’m out and about. I love it when someone at the checkout counter asks to have their picture taken with me...but I know it's the fun painted jacket or shoes they want to photograph.  
Given this as background, it’s no wonder that my association with Bealls is a marriage made in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment