Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A gift prompts an invitation to visit Francis Rooney once he gets to Washington


At the meet and greet last Friday at Lovegrove Gallery & Gardens on picturesque Matlacha Island, Francis Rooney said he was mesmerized by all the colorful artwork on display and the patriotism I exude. I was touched, but I turned the tables on Francis. Little did he know that I had rendered a colorful painting of a red heart for him over which I engrafted the words from the Pledge of Allegiance. He told me he plans to proudly display the painting … in his office at the Capitol in Washington, D.C. “You can visit it there any time you want,” he said, extending me a gracious invitation to visit him in our nation’s capital, which my husband and I plan to do.


That’s another thing I like about Francis Rooney. He actually wants to hear from us so that he can truly represent our interests in Washington. He underscored that commitment during the Q&A session during Friday night’s reception. When Sanibel super-lawyer Jason Maughan asked Francis what we could do to help him, Francis answered that we could let him know after he’s elected what he can do to better represent us and our interests in the U.S. House of Representatives.


Can you imagine? He didn’t ask for a campaign contribution. He didn’t ask for us to wave signs or make telephone calls. He asked us for feedback so that he could more effectively do his job!

Francis J. Rooney is an example of why we need businessmen in public office rather establishment politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment