Wednesday, December 28, 2016

What do a seat cushion and canvas have in common?


So, here’s a little riddle for you to solve. When do a seat cushion and a canvas have in common? That’s easy! They both can support beautiful art. Now, if you’re curious to see how, then don’t miss the opening of my retrospective on Friday, January 6 inside the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center.

I’m calling this life-changing exhibition Palettes: Past Present and Pursuits, and it will include individual pieces and series I’ve assembled over the course of my career. There will be works I’ve done for Bealls, paintings and prints from my Beatles collection, other examples of my entertainment art, works I painted in Giverny and aboard an exact replica of Claude Monet’s floating studio, and many of the works I’ve painted out loud.
Trust me here. You don’t want to miss this exhibition.

The retrospective will be on display in the Grand Atrium between January 6 and January 24, 2017. The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center is located at 2301 First Street in the historic downtown Fort Myers River District. The gallery is open from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Admission is free. The opening reception takes place on Friday, January 6 between 6:00 and 10:00 p.m.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment