Sunday, January 15, 2017

Another reason to see retrospective before it closes on January 24


My retrospective has been on view at the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center for nine days. It's called Palettes: Past Present and Pursuits. Have you seen it yet? If not, let me give you another reason why you should.
I have painted my clothes for special events since I was young, but art fashion has a way of trickling down into my every day attire. I especially love to wear hand-painted heels. They always get a second look from people as I’m out and about.
I love it when someone at the checkout counter asks to have their picture taken with me ... but I know it's the fun painted jacket or shoes they want to photograph.
A collection of my hand-painted heels are on display, along with specially-painted coats, jackets and even jeans. Some are hung from the grand atrium's ceiling in shadow boxes we made just for the exhibition. Others have been cut up and collaged into paintings.
If you still haven't seen the show, there's still time. Palettes: Past Present and Pursuits runs through January 24. The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center is located in the heart of the historic downtown Fort Myers River District at 2301 First Street. Museum hours are 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, please visit http://www.sbdac.com or telephone 239-333-1933. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment