Sunday, June 26, 2011

Jody Jody Jody

My new Etsy project and very first ON LINE art sale has really taken off into cyber space. It started out as a "prove you wrong" to a friend of mine who challenged me to market my art on the net and sell it the same time. The only challenge has been to get the art posted daily. You can learn more about my daily heart series on Leoma Lovegrove Art Store on Facebook  or if you are not a big fan of face book I have you covered on my Etsy Store, Lovegrove Etsy Store
June 24

I want to blog about Jody instead of explaining the whole project is why I posted the links.
I have known Jody for over 20 years and enjoyed watching her two girls grow up when we lived in Corpus Christi. Her youngest daughter looks just like me and we have enjoyed that little scenerio. We met Jody in church and she was the one that reached out to Mike and I and welcomed us to the church and her life. We've been life time friends ever since.
She has the singing voice of  an angel and a heart that wears a halo too. We have even recorded duets together when cam-corders were new to the mainstream and one of these days I am going to YouTube them! Jody and I enjoyed all the arts together. Music, painting, writing, singing, dance, etc etc. Her specialty was interior design and I was always intrigued when she would start to redecorate her home or her neighbors home. Seemed like she was always decorating someones living room.  I laughed so hard when she shared how she would rearrange the furniture in the middle of the night and when her husband got up to sit in HIS chair he fell flat on his butt. Love her creative energy.

Thank God for face book. We can now follow each others lives through the News Feed and occasionally interact with one another.  Love seeing the photos of her two girls and grandchildren and their extended families. Jody likes my online art project and requested the June 24th for her birthday. I thought about what I would paint that day for her and I decided I would paint a little tiny red heart instead of the large major heart I have been painting. Jody taught me that when you decorate a room, no matter what your color scheme is you must have a little red somewhere. A bookend, a simple red ball, lampshade, throw, pillow.....Anything, but it must be red. So, I have taken her suggestion with me through my life. I always have a little red in the house not because I am suppose to but because it represents the fond fond memories I have of  my dear friend Jody. She is currently a Realtor in Texas so I feel free to share her business page with you. Take a peak. She is one gorgeous 60 year old.
http://www.facebook.com/johneen.b.cawyer

Happy Birthday Jody!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, and God created email too! I love how we can all be connected. And I love this art piece. That tiny red heart feels like mine. A tiny heart surrounded by the light of life. But tiny is powerful too. 8^)

    ReplyDelete