Monday, September 26, 2016

I'm one of three local fashionistas featured in the September/October edition of RSW Living - on newstands now!


I am thrilled to tell you this evening that I am one of Southwest Florida's 3 hottest apparel fashionistas according to RSW Living Magazine! RSW Living is published by Times of the Islands Media, which has captured the spirit of life on the Southwest Florida coast since 1996. Please pick up a copy of the September/October edition and check out Renee’ Novelle’s story, which she titled “Happening by Design.”
I am honored to join the ranks of Helen Gerro and Mike Anthony as local designers who are making a splash in the fashion industry, gaining notoriety and adding dimension to the diverse talent already thriving here in Southwest Florida.

I have to tell you I’d nearly forgotten being interviewed by Renee’ over the telephone three months ago. I don’t want to give away all the stories Renee’ tells in the article - I’d rather you get a copy of RSW Living and read the article for yourself. (Bring it to the Lovegrove Gallery & Gardens next time you visit Matlacha Island and I’ll be only too happy to autograph it for you.) But -spoiler alert - I do want to mention that Renee' give a huge shout out for the designs I have done for Bealls Department Stores. I too am proud of the work I've done for Bealls and am deeply grateful to them for the creative license they've given me to marry fine art with everyday fashion.

Bealls will be one of the series included in my January retrospective at the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center. Save the date. Palettes: Past, Present and Pursuits opens Friday night, January 6, with an opening reception from 6-10 p.m. that takes place simultaneously with Art Walk. I will be there. I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment